|Recap, photo courtesy of SUNY Geneseo|
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Sophomore attacker Lindsay Hernady opened the scoring with a goal three minutes into the game. Junior forward Tessa Doody, Marafioti and sophomore midfielder Megan Henderson each scored to give the Knights a 4-0 lead with 23:33 to play in the first half.
- Geneseo held the Saints scoreless for the first 22:28 of the game, building a 9-0 lead before St. Lawrence scored on a free-position shot with 7:32 remaining in the firt half. Marafioti scored her third of the game with 1:31 on the clock to extend the Knights' lead to 10-1 at halftime.
- Marafioti scored again in the first minute of the second half, before St. Lawrence responded with three-straight tallies to cut the deficit to seven, 11-4, with 18:17 left in regulation.
- Geneseo responded with a 6-0 run to finish the game as Hernady, Doody, sophomore attacker Nicole Voci, first-year midfielder Emma Gaenzle, first-year attacker Jacqui Thorsen and sophomore midfielder Laura Skrypczyk each found the net to close the victory.
- Senior goalie Tess McFadden made 10 saves to earn the victory.
- Doody finished with three goals while Hernady, Henderson and senior defender Mallory Max each scored twice.
- Voci was also credited with four assists.
- Max led the Knights with five ground balls and tied Marafioti with a team-high three caused turnovers.
- Henderson totaled a team-high three draw controls.
Geneseo hosts Clarkson this Wednesday (March 13) at 5:00 p.m.