|Recap, photo courtesy of oswego|
- Final Score: Oswego 16, Morrisville State 14
- Location: Laker Turf Field - Oswego, N.Y.
- Records: Oswego 2-0 | Morrisville 0-1
- The Lakers and Mustangs went toe-to-toe in the first quarter with Oswego scoring a goal and Morrisville answering each time.
- Gray scored goals at 13:05 and 10:30 with assists from Brian Rowe and Evan Hollfelder for the first two Laker tallies.
- Kyle Bacon put Oswego up 3-2 with an unassisted goal at 6:13 and Hollfelder made it 4-3 a few minutes later after Morrisville had equalized things.
- Oswego went on a four-goal run in the second quarter as Caleb Alford, Tim Schof, and Brian Rowe each scored their first goals of the season.
- Senior Bobby Emerson's second goal of the period helped Oswego take a 9-5 lead into the half.
- In the third quarter, the Lakers and Mustangs each scored three goals with Gray, Emerson, and Bacon each finding the back of the net for Oswego and giving the Lakers a four-goal lead heading into the last stanza.
- Morrisville ripped off three goals in the first four minutes of the fourth to cut the Laker lead to 12-11 but goals from Hollfelder, Gray, and Alford pushed the Lakers back out to three at 15-12.
- The Mustangs' Nick Geswaldo was able to score his fourth and fifth goals of the period to close the gap to 15-14 with just over two minutes remaining in the game.
- O'Donnell was able to make a pivotal save and clear with thirty seconds remaining and Dan Doolan capitalized with an insurance goal to secure the Laker victory.
- Oswego outshot Morrisville 40-38, had a 37-21 advantage in ground balls and dominated face offs with Kyle O'Connor leading Oswego to 22 to Morrisville's 10.
- Hollfelder had six points on two goals and four assists and O'Donnell made 11 saves in the win.
- Morrisville has been the NorthEastern Athletic Conference representative in the NCAA Championships in each of the past four seasons.
The Lakers travel to Rochester next Saturday for a 12 p.m. game with St. John Fisher College.