|Recap, photo courtesy of Morrisville State|
- Final Score: Morrisville State 18, Elmira 0
- Location: Morrisville, N.Y.
- Records: Morrisville State 1-2, Elmira 0-2
- Morrisville State cruised to their first win of the 2019 season Friday afternoon as they posted a shutout win over visiting Elmira College with a final 18-0 score.
- Eight different Mustangs contributed to the scoring, including the trio of Chelsea McNeal (Ithaca, N.Y.), Courtney Cavellier (Rodman, N.Y.) and Jillian Hughes (Brookfield, N.Y.) who each recorded five points in the contest.
- Hughes led the way with four goals and an assist, with teammate Lauren McGreal (Pawling, N.Y.) collecting her first hat trick of the year with three scores.
- Makenzi Santini (Fairport, N.Y.) also added three, while Cavellier and McNeal notched two apiece to go along with their team leading three assists.
- Cavellier controlled the center circle for the Mustangs, collecting 13 draw controls and four ground ball pick ups.
- Kadi Bice (Lorraine, N.Y.) posted her first win in net, making one stop, before Bridget Murphy (Yorktown Heights, N.Y.) finished the final 8:50 of the contest. Murphy didn't see any shots against in her time in net.
- Morrisville State outgained Elmira 25 to eight in ground balls, and held the decisive 37-1 decision in shots. They also held the 15-4 advantage in draws.
- Kacie Pierce recorded the loss for the Eagles, turning away eight in the opening half, before being replaced by Krystyna Lilland for the second half. Lilland made five saves.
- Morrisville State returns to the field Tuesday as they travel to Florida for spring break training and a contest against Western Connecticut State.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.