Saturday, February 14, 2015

EXCLUSIVE Actor Spotlight: Paris Smith of 'Every Witch Way'

Paris Smith is a beautiful and talented fifteen year old actress from Houston, Texas. She stars as Maddie Van Pelt in the Nickelodeon series 'Every Witch Way' which finished their third season at the end of January.

We recently had the opportunity to interview this young lady on her role as Maddie, education, passionate about charities and if it is difficult being a normal teenage girl while pursuing a career in acting. Below is what she had to say.

You play Maddie Van Pelt on Nickelodeon's series 'Every Witch Way', tell us about your character?
Maddie is such a fashionista! She loves the fact that she is a witch so she can cast spells on Emma, Andi, and Jax! Maddie is very loyal to her Panthers and Diego! She sticks up for herself and her friends! I am obsessed with her wardrobe!

Are you like your character in real life?
I am like Maddie in the fact that I love fashion, just like she does! I am not as mean and bratty as Maddie can be sometimes, but I stick up for my friends, no matter what!

Tell us about your relationships with the other cast members?

We are such a huge family! We are always laughing on set and have a great time! I love my cast because they always find ways to make me laugh and have fun, which is very important for Maddie's character!

Sum up what happened in season three for those that wasn't able to catch the episodes?
We filmed at a new location, The Beachside 7! It was a blast filming there! Diego's the manager, Emma and Gigi are waitresses, Daniel's the lifeguard, and Andi, The Panthers, and Maddie all hang out there! Meanwhile, Jax is stuck at rebels bootcamp because he got a little reckless with his magic! There's a new girl named Mia who wants to stir up the pot a little bit, so be on the lookout for Mia! You never know what's gonna happen next!

You just finished season three of 'Every Witch Way', will there be a season 4?
We do not know yet, so I am waiting! I have high hopes that there will be a season 4 so I can see my cast mates, crew and Nickelodeon family!

Ever watched yourself on TV?, is it weird?
It's very surreal! I could not be here without my amazing fans and supporters! I love waking up to their sweet tweets and comments everyday! I am so grateful to Nickelodeon for giving me the chance to live my dream!

What does the cast do to get ready for scenes?
When I am in my dressing room, before I go on to film, I always blast my favorite hits to get me pumped for my scenes! I run my lines, and go kill it on set!  I love it!

Are you auditioning for other acting roles?
I never stop auditioning. I am always looking for the next amazing project that I can sink my teeth into! I love what I do!

Do you have any advice for those wanting to start a career in acting?
NEVER GIVE UP! Always follow your dreams and be yourself! It takes a lot of hard work, but it's worth it! Don't let anyone bring you down!

It's hard to find free time while busy working on 'Every Witch Way' and school. When you have free time, how do you spend it?
I love to go shopping, go to the beach, read a book,  or just spend the day watching Netflix and drinking hot cocoa!

Who inspires you with your acting?
I love Lucille Ball, Audrey Hepburn, Angelina Jolie, Ariana Grande, Mila Kunis, Leo DiCaprio, Cara Delevingne, and Meryl Streep! They all inspire me to be the best I can be in my acting career and look up to them!

What do you hope to accomplish with your acting?
I hope to one day have my own show! I would also love to do feature films in the future! I love both TV and Films! I would love to have my own fashion line, too!

Is it hard for you to remember your lines? How do you remember them?
It's not that hard, actually! After a lot of practice, it gets easier over time, but at the beginning, it was tricky! I love what I do, and I think that is the most important thing in life!

Are there challenges pursuing acting and being being a normal 15 year old?
I just turned 15, and there are some challenges. Sometimes, when going out for older roles, I have to channel the older side of me, which can be tricky at times, considering I just turned 15. But no matter what the role is, I love acting, no matter what and I want to do this for the rest of my life!

Are you passionate about any charities, if so, why?
I am on the Junior Advisory Board for a great charity called The Shoe Crew, which gives shoes to underprivileged kids! I am also a huge animal lover, so I am very passionate about the ASPCA!

Is education important to you?
Yes! Of course! School is just as important as my career is, if so, even more important! I do plan on going to college and getting a great education. It takes a lot of hard work, but in the end, it's totally worth it!

Do you have any other talents?
I love to sing and dance! I also play soccer and used to play the piano!

Thank you so much for having me! I just wanted to thank my fans for being so supportive and loyal! You guys are amazing and beautiful! Always be yourself and follow your dreams! I also thank God everyday for giving me such amazing opportunities! Couldn't be here without him! Love you! Thanks again!

We thank Paris for taken the time to answer our questions. If you want to keep up with Paris than follow the link below.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/parisstweets

Here is a little about 'Every Witch Way' according to Wikipedia. Every Witch Way is an American telenovela-formatted teen sitcom that premiered on Nickelodeon on January 1, 2014. It is the American version of the Nickelodeon Latin American show Grachi.

The first season was part of Nickelodeon's "One Month Event", which means that the episodes aired from January 1 to January 30, for a total of 20 episodes. On March 13, 2014, Nickelodeon announced that they had commissioned a second season of Every Witch Way, that aired from July 7 to August 8. On July 31, 2014, Nickelodeon renewed the show for a third season, which premiered on January 5, 2015 and ended on January 30, 2015.
All photographs are credited to Sami Drasin.

No comments:

Post a Comment