Friday, February 27, 2015

EXCLUSIVE Actor Spotlight: Austin North of 'I Didn't Do It'

Cincinnati, Ohio native Austin North is a eighteen year old actor who stars in the Disney Channel series 'I Didn't Do It'. He stars as Logan Watson, twin to sister Lindy Watson played by Olivia Holt.

I Didn't Do It is an American comedy television series that premiered on January 17, 2014 on Disney Channel. The series stars Olivia Holt and Austin North. A pilot for the series was announced November 2012 with production of the pilot filmed in January 2013. The series was picked up on June 18, 2013. Production of the series started in the summer of 2013. The series was created by Todd Himmel and Josh Silverstein.

Besides 'I Didn't Do It', Austin stared in these series 'See Dad Run', 'A.N.T. Farm', and General Hospital. His acting career started at the young age of twelve when he was discovered during a talent showcase in Atlanta, Georgia.

The youngest of two, North currently resides in Los Angeles with his parents and sister.

We recently had the opportunity to interview this eighteen year old actor of Disney Channel series 'I
Didn't Do It'. Here is what Austin had to say to us.

You play Logan Watson on Disney Channel's series 'I Didn't Do It', tell us about your character?
Logan has a twin sister and three best friends. He is a very laid back guy.

Are you like your character in real life?
 Yes I am very laid back.

Tell us about your relationships with the other cast members?
 We are all very close. We hang together on set as well as off set.

Sum up what fans can look forward to in future episodes?
 Logan gets a real girlfriend

Ever watched yourself on TV?, is it weird?
 At first it was weird. Now it is normal.

What does the cast do to get ready for scenes?
 We play our favorite song "uptown funk"

Are you auditioning for any other acting roles?
 Just focusing on the show.

Do you have any advice for those wanting to start a career in acting?
Don't let rejection get you down. Keep going for the dream.

It's hard to find free time while busy working on 'I Didn't Do It'. When you have free time, how do you spend it?
 I play the drums, basketball, football, surfing and I love cars.

Who inspires you with your acting?
Brad Pitt

What do you hope to accomplish with your acting?
I hope to make it into feature films

Is it hard for you to remember your lines?
How do you remember them? It's not hard. After running them so much, I have them memorized by filming day.

Are there challenges pursuing acting and being being a normal 18 year old?
Sometimes I don't get as much free time as I'd like but it is a part of the job.

Are you passionate about any charities, if so, why?
I support homeless charities. It's such a sad thing to see people living in poverty.

Is education important to you?
Yes, I am in my senior year of high school.

Do you have any other talents?
Drums, music and video producing, video games.

We thank Austin for taking the time to answer our questions. You can follow him online at the following sites.

Twitter
Official Site
Youtube

Make sure you tune in to watch Austin on Disney Channel series 'I Didn't Do It', Sunday nights. Check your local listings for times.
Photography by Sami Drasin

No comments:

Post a Comment