Friday, October 31, 2014

EXCLUSIVE Musician Spotlight: Singer Lovey James From Los Angeles

The adorable and really talented 16-year old Singer, Dancer, Songwriter, Actress Lovey James from Portland, Oregon. Lovey’s love and talent for music started at a very early age and by the time she was 6 years old, she was already performing for audiences around The U.S. Her love for dance quickly earned her a spot on the local dance team The Portland Stars, directed by former New Orleans Saints Cheerleader, Linda Anderson. Linda Anderson has directed and choreographed over 50 live productions and worked with Tommy Tune, Carol Channing, Burt Reynolds, and many more. She noticed Lovey’s talent and immediately entered her into a local singing competition where Lovey took 1st place. She continued to dance and sing at local competitions.

In 2012, she entered Portland Teen Idol and met singer/songwriter/producer Geoff Byrd who quickly took Lovey into the studio to record her first song. Together with the help of John Oates, Lovey Co-wrote her first single “Right Now.” Byrd saw something in Lovey and felt inspired to introduce her to longtime friend Producer/Writer Steve Sundholm, who has worked in the studio with Carrie Underwood, Ryan Tedder, Hall & Oats, Jet, Johnny K, Teddy Riley and many other artists, producers, and writers. After the introduction they began to work to develop an image for Lovey. She performed at local fairs, visited ratio stations and started work on her next song “Nothing Can Stop Me.” She continued to enter local competitions, write, and record.

In 2012, with the help of her producer, they traveled to LA to meet up with songwriter/producer PJ Bianco who is known for chart topping international hits with artists Demi Lovato, Fifth Harmony and The Jonas Brothers. He Co-Wrote and Produced her next single “Stupid Boy.” A music video was made that caused quite a buzz. She continued to Co-write more songs. “Rule The World” was written with the intent to show her ability to dance. “Don’t Be Such A Chick” was written to create more momentum and get attention. Lovey is now ready to launch her newest single “Who You Are” and you can expect more great things ahead.

It is Lovey’s dream to become a Recording Artist and tour around the world and that dream is now a
reality. She will be heading to New York this year for her first tour that will go into 2014 across 26 cities.

We recently had the opportunity to interview this really talented singer about her singing and more, Here is what Lovey had to say in our exclusive interview with her.

When did you start singing?
I started singing when I was about 8 years old. I did small competitions in my hometown and eventually met multiple people who we're interested in helping me become who I am today and touring and sharing my music all over the country.

Was it your dream to be a singer?
I didn't know much, but all that I did know was that I adored being the center of attention. Whether it was putting on small concerts in my living room or choreographing a dance with my cousins. When I was younger I did competitive dance for 7 years. I never really thought singing would take me to where it has! I am so thankful that I stuck with singing and trained all these years.

Tell us about your style of singing?
I describe my style of singing as pop with personality. I listen to every song on the radio and thats why I mainly love pop. But growing up I was trained in Broadway so naturally I love slowing it down every once in a while and singing a ballad.

Are there challenges pursuing a singing career and being a teenager?
I think the toughest thing about pursuing this career and being a teenager is the many challenges that come along with it. I have learned that staying true to yourself and keeping high morals and standards for yourself will get you places. And people respect you when you have respect for yourself.

Do your parents and friends support you?
My parents have been my number one support through this journey without them I wouldn't be able to travel as much as I do and fulfill these amazing opportunities that I have had in the past year,

Do you write your own songs?
Song writing is something that I am very interested in coming more involved in, I have helped co-write many of my original songs.

If so, tell us what goes into writing a great song?
I think something that is very important about song writing is to always write about something that has purpose and means something to you. Its easy to write about something when you have a passion for it.

Where was your first performance, were you excited?
My first live performance was in Los Angeles it was a big event called Smash Fest. I was excited but even more than that  was scared out of my mind. I rehearsed so much for this event and overall it was such a great experience.

How do you prepare your voice for a performance?
I take vocal lessons weekly and it prepares me for all my upcoming performances, Physical endurance is also very important when putting on a live show, so i enjoy working out as well.

If I went to one of your concerts, what can fans and I expect?
If you were to come to one of my performances you could expect lots of energy. I really like giving my best performance both vocally and having tons of fun.

Where have you been able to perform?
I am very thankful to say that I have performed in many states both on the East and the West Coast.

Who inspires you with your singing and songwriting?
My musical inspiration is Ariana Grande I love how humble she is and passionate about music.

If you could perform anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
My dream is to go somewhere beautiful like Bora Bora or Atlantis and be able to perform there and share my music.

Along the same line, who would you love to perform with?
I love performing along side my other friends in the industry but if I could i perform with anyone in the world I would love to share the stage with Ariana Grande.

What do you hope to accomplish with your singing/songwriting?
My ultimate goal is to sell out at a big stadium like the STAPLES center.

What three words best describe you and your music?
Energetic, Catchy, Inspirational

Do you have any advice for those wanting to start a career in singing and songwriting?
My biggest advice is if you have a dream go for it, no one is stopping you but yourself. You can do anything with faith in yourself and a supportive team behind you.

Do you have any other talents?
I was a competitive dancer for 7 years, so i enjoy dancing in every style. I also have a talent of shopping and spending lots of money. ;)

Are you passionate about any charities, if so, why?
In Highschool one of my friends little brothers was diagnosed with a diseased called Juvenile Dermatomyositis or known as Cure JM. I did a few benefit concerts with them and even donate a percentage of my merch sales to their foundation.

Is education important to you?
Education is so important to me. Sometimes it is hard to keep up with school when I have such a busy schedule but school is just something that has to be done and is a big part of my life.

Anything else you want our readers to know about you, your singing/songwriting?
Thank you so much for the interview I hope you found out a little bit more about me! You can find me on all the social media sites below.

Twitter: @TheLoveyJames
Instagram: TheLoveyJames
YouTube: LoveyJamesVEVO & LoveyJames17
Vine: LoveyJames


You can find out more about this wonderful singer Lovey James by going to her website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment