Friday, January 11, 2013

Musician Spotlight: Singer Savannah Maddison

FLORIDA - From South Florida comes a talented 11 year old Singer Savannah Maddison who is also CEO of Savannah Soldiers. Savannah's style of singing is Country and Pop. Miss Maddison is a wonderful Singer for her young age. We recently had the opportunity to interview this 11 year old Singer Savannah Maddison of South Florida. Here is what she had to say about her Singing and life.

When did you start singing?
I could sing before I could talk but I started taking it seriously two years ago.

Was it your dream to be a singer?
Yes. Forever and always.

Tell us about your style of singing?
I am a country pop singer and songwriter.

Are there challenges pursuing a singing career?
In the beginning there were people that told me that I was to young to do anything great. In this crazy process, I have realized that no matter how old you are, you can make a difference.

Do your parents and friends support you?
I have an amazing team of people that support every move I make. My biggest supporters are my family, including my Mom, Dad, and sister Sierra.

Do you write your own songs?
I love writing music and co-writing is a lot of fun too. I do write all of my own songs, whether it’s with another songwriter, or just me in my bedroom on a guitar.

If so, tell us what goes into writing a great song?
In my opinion, the best songs don’t come from your head. They come from your heart. I get my ideas everywhere. I always carry a pen and a notebook with me because you never know when you will be inspired.

Where was your first performance, were you excited?
My first performance was singing the National Anthem at a Marlins game two seasons ago. I was super excited!!

Where have you been able to perform?
I am currently on my national tour with my full band of experienced amazing musicians. I have opened 2 Marlins games, 2 Heat games, and 13 Panthers games. I have also opened numerous military events and have had the honor of singing for Florida’s Governor, Florida’s First Lady and General Fraser. My band and I performed for the City of Ft. Lauderdale’s firework spectaculair. I have spoken at multiple locations such as schools, churches, and military events.

Who inspires you with your singing and songwriting?
Taylor Swift. I think it is amazing how so much is happening around her and she is able to keep herself grounded.

 If you could perform anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
Madison Square Gardens. I want to be the youngest artist to sell out the venue.

Along the same line, who would you love to perform with?
I would love to perform with Taylor Swift and Carrie Underwood.

What are some of your goals for your Music?
I would love for the World to hear my music. I want to continue to grow as an artist. I hope to inspire people to want to be better.

What do you hope to accomplish with your singing/songwriting?
Along with everything else I would like to inspire people to believe in themselves and their dreams because anything is possible.

Do you have any advice for those wanting to start a career in singing and songwriting?
Yes, Don’t’ let anyone tell you that you can’t do it because of your age. Believe in yourself and dreams.

Do you have any other talents?
I love acting, swimming, skating, baton twirling, gymnastics, and writing.

Savannah says, I love to write songs. They pop into my head at the strangest times. I always carry a pen and paper with me to write them down so that I do not forget them. (A super awesome writer taught me that trick.) I like to write about my crazy adventures.

I am learning to play the guitar, piano and the drums. I love to dabble with all kinds of instruments but these are the ones that I am really trying to learn. My guitar teacher is super cool. His name is Adam. I have an amazing drummer named Ricky in my band and he is teaching me to play. I have the best time working with him.

I love the colors dark blue and aqua. I love to create things. I love to knit. I know that sounds kinda weird but it is probably because I am always cold. I love, love, love Taylor Swift. Isn’t she awesome!?! I love animals. I have 4 guinea pigs, 2 dogs, a cat named Fluffy and a hamster named Oreo. My guinea pigs live in a guinea pig castle outside. My Pop and Uncle Ricky built it special for them. I love to read. I love to wear dresses. I love anything that sparkles.

School is not my favorite place to be. I know that it is important to work hard at school but I can’t help but think I should be outside on an adventure! Division….or…Adventure……Hmmmmmm?

I live in South Florida but am trying to convince my parents to move to Nashville, Tennessee. It is the most beautiful magical city in the entire world. I love it there. I just need to figure out how to take my best friend Wilson with me. .

Click on the link below to send me an email.

Stats
D.O.B: 2-19-01 • Height: 54 • Weight: 60 • Hair: Blonde Eyes: Blue • Clothing Size: 8 • Shoe Size: 2

CEO of Savannah’s Soldiers

Television
Glades | Extra | A&E
Inside West Coast Customs | Featured | Discovery Channel
Bethesda Memorial Hospital | Commercial | Dir. Victor Milt

Film
Zombetarian | Lead | Dir. Rondell Sheridan (L.A.)
Rock of Ages | Featured Extra | New Line Productions

Theatre
Star Performer | Director: Michelle Ameerally
Legacy | Grace | Director: Robin Braun
The Heat is On | Featured (Solo) | Director: Michelle Ameerally
Greece | Rizzo | Director: JoAnn Shultz

Print
Yoblendz | Featured Talent | Dream Focus Productions

Training
On Camera Intensive | Los Angeles | John D Aquino
Building A Character | Los Angeles | Daniel Roebuck
Improve for the Camera | Los Angeles | Japheth Gordon
Ongoing Singing and Song Writing | Nashville | Deborah Allen
Song Writing | Nashville | Aaron Barker
Scene Study Intensive | Ft Lauderdale | Erin Joy Schmidt
Auditioning For Film and TV | Ft Lauderdale | Marjorie Morhaim
Private Coaching for Film and TV | Ft Lauderdale | Marjorie Morhaim
Acting for Scene Study | Ft Lauderdale | David Perez-Ribada
Acting and Singing for Stage | Ft Lauderdale | Garath Chapman
Private Information Session | Miami | Dee Miller
Private Ongoing Singing Coaching | Miami | Deborah Lebendiker

Spokesperson

Baptist Hospital | Featured Duet | Director Javier Albornoz

Performance
Marlins Baseball Game 2011-2012 | Solo | National Anthem
Florida Panthers Hockey Pre-season opener  | Solo | National Anthem
Florida Panthers Hockey Pre-season  | Solo | National Anthem
13 Florida Panthers Hockey Games 2011-2012| Solo | National Anthem/Canadian Anthem
2 Miami Heat Basketball Game 2011-2012| Solo | National Anthem

Marlins Baseball Game 2012 Solo National Anthem

Ft Lauderdale Firework Spectacular featured artist with a full band.

Camplified National Tour 2012

Special Skills and Hobbies
Valid Passport, Honor Roll Student, Speech team, Excels in Reading and Creative Writing, Song Writer, Piano, Guitar, Artistic, Singing, Tennis, Gymnastics, Swimming, Snorkeling, Diving, Fishing, Animal Lover, Arts and Crafts, Roller blade, Rip Stick, Great with children and adults

Have Passport and willing to travel | Non-Union | 954.734.0347 | monique@savannahmaddison.com

We see this bright and wonderful Singer Savannah having a great future as she as a big heart. Savannah is also following her dreams that will take her singing and Savannah Soldiers (click here for more) place. You can find more about Savannah here and make sure to follow Savannah on Facebook by clicking here and Savannah Soldiers here.


No comments:

Post a Comment