HOW IT HAPPENED
- Doody and sophomore forward Hannah Marafioti scored back-to-back tallies in the first four minutes of the game before Rochester (0-2) got on the board with 19:33 left in the first half.
- The teams were scoreless for over 10 minutes before sophomore midfielder Megan Henderson found the net at 8:47 to start a 6-0 Geneseo run to close the first half. Geneseo scored five time in the final four minutes, including both of Max' tallies to build an 8-1 edge after 30 minutes of play.
- Rochester scored one minute into the second half, but tallies by Lee and sophomore attacker Jacqui Thorsen pushed the Knights to an eight-goal edge, 10-2, with 22:58 on the clock.
- The Yellowjackets scored two goals to make it a 10-4 game with 15:50 left in regulation and tallied again at 4:40, but Geneseo scored three-unanswered goals in the final 3:10 to put the game out of reach.
- Geneseo finished the game with a 37-11 shooting advantage.
- Sophomore attacker Nicole Voci totaled a goal and three assists in her first game in a Knights' uniform after transferring from Division-I Mount St. Mary's this season.
- Thorson and Henderson each tallied two goals apiece while Marafioti ended the game with a goal and an assist.
Geneseo heads to William Smith next Wednesday (March 6) for a 3:00 p.m. draw with the Herons.